Friday, June 24, 2005

Mama Tom Recipes

Blonde Brownies
Recipe from: Mama Tom


2/3 cup butter, melted 2 cups flour, sifted
2 cups brown sugar ½ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, well beaten 1 teaspoon baking powder (not soda)
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces chocolate chips


Melt butter and add brown sugar; stir well.
Add eggs & vanilla; beating well. Add flour, salt & baking powder; stir until well mixed. Add chocolate chips; mixing well.

Bake in brownie sheet pan at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Cut into bars to serve.



Have you ever known someone before you actually know them? Tom 's mother is becoming known for her baking and she is not even here! I served her Blonde Brownies today to a few different ladies and they loved it. Now I have to translate the recipe into Russian. It should not take me too long; some of the words I already know. But, of course when you offer something new to your language tutor you should expect your homework to be translating the recipe! I have 50 lbs of brown sugar here. I am glad to share the recipe because I can also share the brown sugar. Why do I have 50 pounds of brown sugar? It was hard to guess how much I might need for a whole year! If you show up asking to borrow a cup of brown sugar I'll know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment