Monday, June 13, 2005

What goes around!

It is never good to laugh at someone when they make a mistake in class. Tom was being quzzied today by Lena and when he answered he said "adinasadt-adin" basically he said eleventy-one! Spencer and me laughed heartily because Tom was making up new numbers. We could barely keep straight faces during the rest of our quiz time. Later, we invited Lena to stay for dinner. She was asking us about salads in the US. We were giving her a run down of different salads and I blurted out "karandash".... pencil! I was trying to say Potato.

No more laughing for me!

I filled a bowl with pencils and served them to Tom. He put a napkin in his collar and then licked his lips! I think we are even...

2 comments:

  1. Eleventy-one! Isn't that how old Bilbo Baggins turned at the start of the Lord of the Rings? One of the fun bits of language study is making mistakes (or hearing other people's) - you can have a good internal chuckle :-) Hope it's going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about Bilbo! Yes, I will try to keep my laughter on the inside from now on! However, once I get the giggles it's hard to stop!!!

    ReplyDelete