Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Babushkas in Italy?

What did the Russian babushka say to the Italian babushka?
"why do you walk so fast?"

What did the Italian babushka say to the Russian babushka?
"why are you so tall?"

Babushkas must have an international society where they meet to discuss being grandmothers. The babushkas here in Rome all stop and pinch Rhianna's cheeks, ask her name and age. They also say they want to eat her! It is an Italian thing, I guess. She is so cute they want to eat her up! Some of them look like they have eaten a few unsuspecting little ones!

My guys had a good 4th of July... Tom made cheeseburgers and fries. Lena was back from the Ukraine so she came over for dinner. Alexei had sinus surgery in Mycop and he is still there recuperating. The apartment was supposed to get measured yesterday but they guys never showed up for that. I hear that we will have to live at the BLTC, the school Tom will eventually teach at, for a while until the renovations are complete. So, we leave one temporary home for another one! But, language school starts in a few weeks so hopefully the floors and walls will get done and we can at least get moved in before August!

I found a huge office supply store! I know that is not what I came to Rome for. But, we don't have such a creature in Krasnodar. I bought paper with lines, pencils and pens. I don't understand why they don't use paper with lines.... it is easier to find graph paper than ruled paper. They also have peanut butter at the grocery store. I am going to try some and if it passes the test I will take some of that back home with me too!

I saw the Coloseum today, the Mamertine prison (where Paul & Peter were imprisoned) and the Forum. I have some babushka shots too! I think I am a people watcher at heart... and you know the great thing about the zoom on my camera? I can catch these gals from across the street!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    The Hammertime museum? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete