Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Our first night

We are grateful for friends! Spencer wanted to go to the bathroom last night... a simple request for a parent to fill. I had him ask our friend Judy from Alaska. She lives across the street. Not only did Judy offer up her bathroom; she fed us dinner too! She had a pot of chili, salad and a special treat for dessert; bananas with peanut butter. Such an American delight! After we had finished eating Judy mentioned to us that she had won a contest in Missouri for her Road Kill Chili! I chose not to ask what the chili was made of that we had just eaten!

Before we left Judy's home our contractor Alexei called Tom to say that the bathroom was done and Tom said "how do I know it works? You must use it first!" So he did! Tom heard a loud flush!!!! Alexei then told Tom he would leave the lights on for us so we could find our way home! It was comforting to walk home and find the lights on...

I checked the American Embassy website here and found out that it is possible to apply for an extension on our visa. Tania was told by me this morning to use my fibromyalgia as the medical reason for the request. I really am in a higher amount of pain with not sleeping in a real bed. I just don't whine about it! But, I would appreciate any prayers you could send our way...

My friend Erin found out that her mom needs surgery and her dad had a stroke. Please pray for her as well.

Today our home has more new light fixtures in...
The kitchen is being finished and the air conditioner or the fridge can be plugged in if we chose in the living room. Tom chose the fridge! We need to eat...
Slowly we are feeling peace within our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment