Wednesday, August 09, 2006

emotions

I had a meeting today with a Russian woman and she was pretty upset about some situations that are going on for her. We prayed together and held hands for awhile. I don't know if it was culturally appropriate for me to grab her hand but she didn't pull away. I was honored by her opening up. Usually emotions are kept in check. Each time I have met with someone who shed tears during our meeting they have apologized for showing such emotion.

I know that there are parts of US where people don't open up and share. Coming from California where everyone has a therapist and your therapist has a therapist... it seems natural to spill it with someone you trust. Pray that Tom and I will continue to be "SAFE" people to those we come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment