Saturday, October 21, 2006

saturday morning

Last night we watched a movie that Spencer has called "HULK". It was interesting how different it was from the tv series that Tom and I grew up with.

I got home around 7:30 from a meeting with the BLTC women. We divided up into serving groups and I ended up on the worship team. That's great. I have led worship before.

However, once I got back home I realized something... I will have to lead worship in RUSSIAN!

The two people on the worship team (Becky and myself) are not native Russian speakers. Becky has lived here a lot longer and she is fluent in Russian. She also fluent in Greek (she is an MK who grew up in Greece). I could make a joke about it all being Greek to me but, I won't!


It was a productive meeting. We heard about the new childcare center (detsky sod). We are getting a librarian for the women's library. We decided what things would be done monthly, quarterly or semi-annually. We met for an hour and a half and all the serving groups were formed and one seminar was decided upon. I like it when meetings are short and to the point!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I hope you realize the dieting is not done in the buff? :-) It's about publicly putting yourself out there...:-) Come back any time. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I did realize that you aren't dieting in the buff! and thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete