Monday, November 13, 2006

Women's Tea Update

It was a great event.














There was a time to get to know each other...














A time to eat!
















Becky had us sing hymns which many of us had not done in years. And we all got to hear about the work the other women are involved in. We came from different countries to be here. Germany, Sweden, Canada, Japan, Greece, and all over the US. Some of the women grew up in families that lived abroad. There seemed to be a running theme of not knowing how to answer the question "where are you from?"

I always pause over that question. My dad was in the military and we lived in England (where I was born), Maine, Massachusettes, Vermont, New York and Kansas. Tom and I have lived in Kansas and California.

I hope we get a chance to get together again. It was an enjoyable time to relax and speak a language that we are all completely comfortable with!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! What a nice spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alida...I'm glad it was such a success....and such fancy offerings too! Looks like a wonderful time. =)

    Christie

    ReplyDelete