1) I was born in Chiseldon, England on an Air Force base. My mother was 7 months pregnant when she flew across the pond with my two older brothers in tow!
2) As a child the name Alida was different and rarely pronounced correctly, in Russia I have been told that my name is Russian and easy to remember!
3) My husband Tom and I, my brothers John and Kevin and their wives Karen and Shari have all been married 25 years!
4) On my mother's side of the family I have 7 cousins and only 1 female cousin, Hilary, and we are 14 years apart in age. On my father's side of the family I am one of 50 first cousins!
5) Not knowing that I would ever go to Russia one day it just so happens that I actually learned some Russian in 4th grade at Isely Elementary School in Wichita, Ks.
6) I love to knit and crochet... that is not news to anyone who knows me. However, I am left handed and I was taught by my mother's cousin Sharon, who is also left handed!
7) My favorite dessert is Key Lime pie and my gracious mother-in-law is making me one today for my birthday!
***If you are a blogger and would like to do a 7 things meme then jump right in!