Friday, May 11, 2007

Tribute to GreatMom

I will miss Velda. She was very kind and gracious to me. I am just the wife of one of her grandsons... and yet she took the time to write, send me a birthday card and a gift every year since I married Tom 25 years ago. Tom and I are grateful that our sons ages 19 and 16 have many wonderful memories of their GreatMom! We will especially remember her at Christmas time. Her Christmas cookies were always fought over when the package arrived from Newton to our home in California.

May she always be remembered for her devotion to her family.

NEWTON
Velda Sharp, 93, died May 6, 2007, at Newton Medical Center, Newton.

She was born Oct. 13, 1913, in Castleton, the daughter of John and MaryAnn Hyson DeNoon.

A resident of Newton, she was a homemaker. She was a Auxiliary member of the Veteran of Foreign Wars and she attended a neighborhood Bible study.

On Oct. 3, 1931, she married Charles Sharp in Hutchinson. He preceded her in death.

Survivors include: a son, Norman, Albuquerque, N.M.; two daughters, Charlotte Sharp Stephens, Newton, and Shirlee Larson, Blue Springs, Mo.; 8 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.

She was preceded in death by a brother, six sisters and a grandson.

Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Petersen Funeral Home Chapel, Newton, with Chaplain Bill Regier presiding. Visitation will be from 1 to 9 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.

Memorials may be sent to the American Heart Association, in care of the funeral home, 215 North Main, Newton, KS 67114.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with your family. I'm glad you were in the states, though...

    ReplyDelete