Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Walking

Tom and I have been walking the past couple of nights. I found that on the first night our walk was about 4 hours before bed and we both slept better.

An article on the AARP website has this to say:
"Walking has a long-term impact on your sleep as well as giving short-term relief. On restless nights, instead of turning on the TV, get up and pace around the house. Take in deep breaths as you move. Shake out your arms and legs. Stretch out your neck. When you climb back into bed, you'll feel more prepared for a healthy trip into dreamland. " you can read the full article about how walking affects sleep here:

http://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/walking/a2004-06-04-walking-sheep.html

You can find a fairly detailed list of benefits to walking by clicking here I found them on the AARP website as well.

Walking is a simple exercise that we should be able to do no matter if we are in Russia or here in the states! We both have good walking shoes so all we need is a path to walk on.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip and the link. I think everyone can benefit from good health information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I must say that I've read your about page and am amazed and blessed by the work you are doing in Russia. I had no idea regarding those statistics.

    Bless you and your work. I am especially moved by your work in the orphanage...the children have a most special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are already reading the AARP website! I didn't think we were THAT close to retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, there is a lot of good stuff over there!

    ReplyDelete