Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Young Life Camp

Spencer is scheduled to go to a Young Life Camp in June. I think he is counting down the days until he is away from Tom and I.

He really has had such a great attitude as he has traveled the country with us. I know when I was 17 I would not have wanted to spend my summer on a road trip with my parents!

Spencer will be going to Frontier Ranch in Buena Vista, Colorado. If you check out the website you can watch a video to see some of the activities he will be involved in.

Spencer is able to attend the camp thanks to the Outward Focus team at Hope Community in Andover, Kansas.

We are so grateful that they thought of this detail ... giving him a chance to have a real vacation before we return to Russia in July!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alida, thanks for visiting my blog.You have an important and much needed ministry in Rusasia.i once wanted to work with drug addicts too.
    I think you 're in the US now, but 34*C is really good . Here the temp gets up to 45*. What do you say! The WHO recommends a solution of sugar and salt for oral re hydration. Just put in a tea spoon of sugar and a pinch of salt in a glass of water, stir well and drink it up.We also give this to people suffering from tummy flu.
    I 'll be visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by Amrita... yes, we are in the US until July. We can hardly wait to get back to our home in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from England! thanks for popping over to my blog, sounds like your life is interesting and it's exciting what God has planned for you as a family, Russia must be an interesting place full of history, bet it gets cold though!

    Take care,

    Helen x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loved young life camp! I think she still keep in touch with some of the people she met while at camp.

    She has been a camp counslor for the past 14 years, starting when she was only 16. It's not young life camp but a christian one, still helping many young people come closer to God.

    Take care. God Bless. Darlene

    ReplyDelete