Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sandia Peak

Here are a few of the photos I took today!







the coloring you see on the photo is Tom's Hawaiian print shirt!












a tram going up and we were going down.








On Thursday Tom, Dad, Spencer and I went up to Sandia Peak. I am glad that I let the guys talk me into going. The ride was not the scary event that I was bracing myself for. Instead it was exciting. At the top you are treated to view that spans an 11,000 square mile radius.


The last time we went to see a world record holding tourist site there was a tornado a few hours after we had been there. See this post to read about The world's largest hand dug well in Greensburg, Ks.



The tram going up to Sandia Peak is the World's Longest Aerial Tramway. The ride is 15 minutes long and you will have much to see along the way and once you get to the top.



Once at the top it was over 20 degrees cooler up there and Spencer and I were glad that we took our jackets. Dad and Tom toughed it out!

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures! I love the "survivors will be prosecuted" sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sign was my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gift for taking great pictures! I enjoyed looking at them. I also read about your boys going off to different locations and it made me think about the future. It's hard to think about letting go of the kids.
    I love Luke 2:52...this is a foundational scripture when I teach my 1-5th graders at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, Alida! You've really captured the breathtaking beauty of God's creation.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete