Wednesday, July 18, 2007

last day...

Thursday July 19, 2007

Spencer and I leave tomorrow for Russia. We are both filled with mixed emotions. We have gotten emails from our Russian friends who are eager to see us again. And we are excited about reuniting with them all.

Spencer will finally get to sleep in a bed of his own again. He has been such a great sport. For the past five months he has slept on couches, floors, in sleeping bags and a bed or two all across the country as we have traveled here and there.

I am not looking forward to leaving Nathan behind. I know that Tom will join me as soon as he can... we will have the rest of our lives together. Our time with Nathan in our home is over.

I have retyped this many times. It is difficult to put into words all that is going through my head right now.

Please keep Spencer and I in your prayers. We fly from Albuquerque to Chicago. Chicago to Warsaw and then Warsaw to Moscow.

Tom has been feeling fine and is sticking to his diet. He is still scheduled to meet the surgeon on August 7th and we continue to pray that surgery will be simple and soon!

8 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you! Just to make sure, and clarify... will you still be posting to your blog once you go back? Many blessings! ~Sharon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe trip and you guys are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I'll be thinking about and praying for you all day tomorrow. All the best on your trip back, and your transition to your new stage of life, with a son away in college.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family safe travel , and readjusting when you get there. I have friends who have recently returned state side from Siberia, she has liver cancer, and she is such a joy to be around, and she really misses Russia, and the ministry. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Blackpurl,

    Just popping in for a proper visit - sorry it took me so long!

    Thankyou for the comment you left a while ago on my blog. I'll just spend some more time browsing through your little place here if you don't mind :)

    Hope you have a safe trip to Russia and a restful settling in period when you arrive.

    Blessings,
    Faraja

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the well wishes and prayers!

    I do try to post daily no matter where we are... the only thing that stops me from posting is not having internet access.

    We will be in Moscow on Saturday and I will be able to post from our friends apartment while there.

    When I get back to Krasnodar I need to purchase an internet card to get access again in our apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a hard but also exciting time for you, goodbyes are never easy.

    I pray God will be with your whole family as you travel and for your son as he stays put, a time of great change for all of you.

    All the best and hope you all settle real quick,

    Helen x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your line: "Our time with Nathan in our home is over." About made me cry. I looked over at my very wiped out, busy, crazy 7 yo on the sofa next to me watching a movie and I thought, "This time won't last forever, even if it feels like it. I must cherish this time, even when he's difficult." Thanks, Alida, for being a Titus 2 woman to so many of us on the forum!!

    Praying for safe and smooth travels.

    ReplyDelete