Monday, July 16, 2007

Honor your husband challenge finale

Monday, July 16,2007

"We do get more out of our marriage as we accept the downs and enjoy the ups, and most of all that we keep coming back for more and never give up" Christine at Fruit in Season


How true that we must accept the ups and the downs to maintain a long term relationship! This 30 day journey has had some ups and downs. Mostly ups!

I have learned a great deal about myself and my thought life. I have learned that I don't have to say everything that I think and that peace can come into all of my relationships as I change my thought life for the better.

I will continue on in this new way of thinking and will be in prayer for marriages not just here in the US but around the world.

I know that there are people hurting in Russia too.

And as I head back there on Friday I am more aware of our calling to help alcoholics/addicts and their families. One of the families that we did an intervention with seems to be on the road to recovery. I pray for that marriage and for the children.

Thank you Christine for the Honor Your husband Challenge... I know that it helped me and the other 125 women who signed up!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. I have been praying for others marriages as well it is such a blessing. I am glad to have read your blog and posts it refreshed me. Thanks for sharing.
    May the Lord bless your marriage this week and always.

    In his endless love,

    Angel ():) (Angel Mama )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I have been blessed far beyond all of you, though. It has been wonderful to get to know you through your blog and this challenge. May God continue to bless your marriage and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI , I came over from Refresh my soul..and i love your posts...I will pray for you as you return to Russia...Marriages have taken a huge hit from the enemy..I know mine does not have a chance with out Jesus. we have been through some rough times this last year. Picking the Lord and HIS ways are all that works. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, and thanks for getting us involved in the honor your husband challenge Alida - I think it was very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I have learned a great deal about myself and my thought life. I have learned that I don't have to say everything that I think"
    Exactly! I think this is a life-long leason for me.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an encouraging post. Thank you. God bless you as your travel. Love and hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great sharing this 30-day challenge with you. Continue blessings to you and your husband. Traveling mercies!

    Heavenly Voice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and encorage me this past month. I will be praying for you and your family as you continue your ministry in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You Alida for visiting with me, am truly blessed by the many new sisters Christ has united me with!!

    It is awesome doing this challenge..and timely too!

    Paulette x

    ReplyDelete