Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday's news!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Spencer and I started our day by running errands. We were able to successfully make our internet payment! Now, if I were able to everything in English I would have no fears or concerns... however when trying to do something like that in Russian, I get nervous that I won't say something right.

I was able to correctly ask if I could pay my bill at the UTK center in our region. The woman who helped us had to ask the other person if we could or not! I gave her our account number and she found us in the computer. Then she asked me how much I wanted to pay. It was a smooth and easy transaction.

After paying the bill, going to the post office to pick up a few packages, we headed over to Park Europe. It has an arcade that takes up most of the first floor where you can play a variety of games. The second floor has the movie theatre and the third floor has a restaurant and billiard room. There is a fourth floor, but, it is not open yet. There was also a bowling alley on what would be considered the basement level. Park Europe is located an easy walk from our building!






















The movie theatre is currently showing The Simpson's and The Bourne Ultimatum. Spencer is planning to go to the movies after church on Sunday with Tobias.

A spa is also planned for Park Europe which will be a nice treat for the ladies in the area when it opens!

The decor inside is like old world Europe. The walls look like old homes and the entire center has a wonderful feel to it. Next time we go over there I will take my camera and try to get some shots that show off the beauty of the interior.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like a pretty cool place, thanks for the picture! Have a nice weekend. Praying for Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this and the previous post. What a great opportunity you have for yourself and your children to learn another culture and language. Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone to bring Jesus to another part of the world. You are so Totally Cool!

    ReplyDelete