Monday, August 27, 2007

friends indeed!

Monday, August 27, 2007

This morning Spencer called Slavik to see if he could come over and fix the washing machine. He was not able to come over because he was out of the city. This evening I called Lena Rajobova and asked her if she knew anyone who could help us with our washing machine. Five minutes later her husband, Pastor Valodia was here with Vasa, a visiting pastor who serves as a missionary in Dagestan, they worked on the washing machine and tried to also work on the toilet but it needs a few new parts. I was overwhelmed to the point of tears to have these men in my home working in my bathroom!

We just had a lesson a few weeks ago about how according to Russian culture a friend will never turn you away when you need them. It was amazing to see that in action once again.

3 comments:

  1. What a great answer to prayer! God is certainly providing for all your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome blessing! As your friend, you wouldn't want me to work on your washer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:06 AM

    I really enjoyed reading about your life.
    Hugs,
    Susan from xanga

    ReplyDelete