Thursday, August 30, 2007

our day...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Today was day number two with no hot water. There is work going on near our building and the hot water has been off since they began working.

We completed our first week of going to school in the afternoon. It is hard to get used to this new schedule. We come home very tired and very hungry. A few afternoons I remembered to put dinner in the crock pot before I left for school so we were able to eat as soon as we got home. There were a few days that I cooked the night before and just warmed it up when I got home. Today, I just made sandwiches and that was good enough!

Today was Oksana's birthday and it was also Yanna's birthday. We were able to see both of them today. Yanna, being one year old, didn't really know that it was her birthday. Olya will do one party for both girls next week on Eera's birthday. That will be fun because Tom will be home by then... and Eera loves "dya-dya Tom" (uncle Tom)

Spencer had a really bad headache today and didn't go to school. He had the whole afternoon to himself. I think he really enjoyed his time alone.

Tom saw the doctor yesterday and called last night to tell me that the doctor said for him to avoid heavy lifting for the next 4 weeks so his "guts don't fall out". He has been very wise about the weight of his suitcases and has been mailing things home... like his 15 pound anvil. It got here yesterday, I cannot wait to see what else he mails home!

4 comments:

  1. It all sounds wonderful, especially that Tom will be home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope your hot water returns soon, and good for Tom for sending those things instead of trying to carry them. We don't want his guts to spill out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your hot water becomes available. Oh the little things we take for granted.
    Hop Tom is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear Tome is on his way home. Hopefully you'll get your hot H2O working soon.

    ReplyDelete