Tuesday, September 25, 2007

another day in Russia!

Wednesday, September 25, 2007

Our days have been full and our brains are overloaded!

Yesterday morning Sasha came over to help us Tom and I write out in Russian a presentation we had to do for class. We had to present a Bible verse in Russian and then explain the verse. We were on the topic of gossip. We also had to tell a story about ourselves that we heard from someone else. It went well as Goar was able to understand the stories we all told.

We took Chuck & Vicky to school with us, then right after class they went with Jason to help out with his English class in another part of town. It was good for them to experience being in a foreign language class and then in a class where they understood every word from the teacher’s mouth.

When we left our school it was pouring down rain! I didn’t have an umbrella because when I left home earlier in the day it looked like it would be sunny. I made it most of the way home before stopping to buy an umbrella. I stopped into a small local store not far from the bus stop. The sales girl laughed at herself when she was doing her sales pitch… she realized that it didn’t matter if I had a pretty umbrella or not, she focused instead on telling me how strong it was, which was good because it was coming down pretty hard!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Smart Sales girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. I hate it when I forget the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete