Saturday, September 08, 2007

Italian Sausage Recipe

Saturday September, 8, 2007

Here is the recipe I used for the sausage:
2 pounds ground pork
1 1/2 teaspoons each cilantro and dried parsley flakes
1 tablespoon anise
1 large clove garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper

Use a mortar and pestle to grind all the spices together then add to the ground pork mixing all the ingredients together with your hands. Allow to sit in refrigerator 8 hours before using.

When I cooked the sausage today it filled the apartment with a wonderful aroma that was so familiar to us all! I will make pasta tomorrow to go with the sausage... this recipe was so easy that I am sure that I will be making it frequently!

2 comments:

  1. a whole tablespoon of anise... that must be the secret ingredient!

    ReplyDelete