Monday, October 15, 2007

complaining

Monday, October 15, 2007

Last week we had a lesson at school on jealousy. This new lesson we have is on complaining. I suppose today's lesson was very appropriate. The weather has changed and it is cold now. No more over 100 degree weather for us for a while.

I got an SMS from my friend Judi in Moscow, they have snow already. People around here say that we will have Moscow's weather in about a week.

Normally, our radiators are tested during the second weekend in October, but this has not happened yet. After they are tested (by running water through them to make sure no one in the building has a leak) in roughly two more weeks the radiators are turned on for the winter. They all come on at the same time and are turned off at the same time. The only way to regulate the temperature is to open a window!

If our radiators don't get turned on before the snow hits... then you will hear us complaining!

5 comments:

  1. Will you be complaining in English or Russian. :-)

    I would love to swap dishcloths with you! I just need to get a batch of them made up for the youth group first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all too well. How we here would just flip out if we had to loose such control over our elements :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in AZ the foreclosures are starting to change the reality of many. The homeowners associations in many communities are going to price out many of the remaining home owners. I am grateful we do not have this issue. Things are begining to happen here in the states though. Oil is really going to hit the East coast hard for heating this winter. folks can not afford it at double the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted on perfectionism, taking a break from complaining. lol

    Hope those radiators come on the way they should. I have to admit, I love the col weather, but I hate being cold. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I complain here on the blog it will be in English... I did complain to my neighbor today in Russia though!

    She said the radiators were supposed to come on the 15th of October... I said that was yesterday. She just laughed and said "I know!"

    ReplyDelete