Thursday, February 07, 2008

Prayer meeting

Thursday, February 7, 2008

On Thursdays the gals from East West meet for an hour and a half for prayer. I don't know what I would do without this time each week... it truly keeps me grounded and focused on what God is doing and can do!

When I had my quiet time today I chose to pick up an old favorite devotional book.... My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. I found this quote truly speaks to what prayer is all about:

“The meaning of prayer is that we get hold of God, not of the answer.”


My prayer for each one of you reading right now is that you would take time to meditate on that statement. I have found that the time spent in prayer with these women over the past 5 months motivated me to spend more time each day with Him!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that quote. I needed that reminder with everything going on in my life at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alida, I love your blog site. . I read it all the time. . which you wouldn't know because I have not told you until now. The quote from Oswald Chambers is very powerful and I shared it with many friends, children & g-kids. Thank you and God's best blessings for all you do! Oh I think I might try the recipe too. . . sounds yummy! Love, Kayla (Kay Burris)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla,
    Thank you so much for reading my blog! Your comment brought me to tears!
    Alida

    ReplyDelete