Tuesday, April 08, 2008

America in the news..

It is not everyday that America gets mentioned in the news... unless it is about politics or the fluctuating value of the dollar!

Hearing about one event in America was pretty disturbing for me. I was shocked by the story from Texas about the 52 girls ages 6 months to 17 years that were removed from a polygamist compound. I actually had to look up the story online because I thought that maybe I had heard the number wrong in Russian. In case you are not familiar with the story you can click here .

Things like this break my heart... and I am sure that they break the heart of God as well.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that they caught the jerk. We heard quite a bit about this guy when we lived in SD. What they don't mention in this story is about the young boys. They are forced to leave the compound at a young age to be out on their own because this jerk wants lots and lots and lots of wives. The idea behind it is the more wives a man has the more spiritual he is.... ergo... you need to get rid of the boys who might want to marry some of those girls who will make him "spiritual". It is really sickening.

    ReplyDelete