Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Tom and Spencer took me out to dinner and to see Prince Caspian! I thought it was very kind of Walt Disney and Walden Media to have the movie open here in Russia on my 45th birthday… it was truly a treat!







I am so grateful to my friends for all the calls, emails, text messages, gifts and well wishes today. I was overwhelmed and had a few moments of happy tears and some belly laughs thrown in throughout the day!

A traditional Russian birthday greeting is to congratulate you, and then tell you all the wonderful things they can think of to wish for you in the coming year. I heard some of the most beautiful wishes today from our Russian friends. Even one of Spencer’s friends called me. He is so sweet. He had worked out what he wanted to say and did it all in English perfectly!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! May God bless you with a long and happy life.

    I saw a preview for Prince Caspian today and the kids are looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I am wishing you love from family and friends, unlimited internet access, and increased ministry and financial blessings this year. XXOO.

    ReplyDelete