Friday, September 19, 2008

weighing in!



I am up a pound.

I didn't want to post that... I wanted to say that nothing changed.


But that wouldn't be true. And Tom keeps reminding me that the "truth is always your friend".

We had several meals out this week due to meetings with EastWest and I was not very good at keeping portion sizes under control or getting out to walk.

So there you have it. I was going to join this group today but I need to get motivated to sign up!


Hot for the Holidays


The other reason I am most likely overeating is that Spencer is leaving next week for Kiev, Ukraine. He leaves Russia on the 25th and arrives in Ukraine the following day. I was doing fine until we purchased the tickets... and now that I know my family will be spread out over three different countries I am feeling rattled. With Nathan in the US, Spencer in Ukraine and us here in Russia... I just wonder what the holidays will be like for us this year.

Please pray for me as I adjust to an empty nest!! Tom on the other hand is thrilled that we finally have time alone!!

8 comments:

  1. I am proud of you! I wouldn't want to do that either. On the other hand, cut yourself a break. It's a stinky thing, but it could have been WAY worse. I gained three pounds the week at my in-laws. Plus, you have a LOT on your plate right now. You are doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge transition! We'll be praying for you, and for the boys. About the pound gained, I think this is the first time you've ever mentioned any weight gained, so don't be too hard on yourself! I'm losing weight too. I'm on a strict diet now because of the diabetes, and that makes it easy to lose weight. -Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't exactly know what to say, I obviously haven't had to be away from my babies, not long ago, I was the one who left the nest, and so i remember the time when it was only me and my hubby! :-) So that should be fun, but I know this time of life was and is still sometimes hard for my mom since we also are spread out on three different CONTINENTS! But praise the lord for SKYPE and webcams! And I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the support!! I really need that lift today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, actually posting the truth. That is tough when the truth isn't what we'd like it to be. Up and down is part of this weight thing. I think you'll enjoy the Hot for the Holidays challenge. It's fun! This is a huge transition time for you guys. I know my sweetie has enjoyed the time we've had together since our kids started the school year, but they haven't left home... that's gotta be a big thing! Enjoy Tom, and turn to the Lord for strength. They both love you and they both want to see you happy and healthy. You've got a winning team, there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels to you Spencer! I'll be praying it all goes without a hitch and that you will love your work there.

    I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you told the truth!!!!!! Good for you! But that's not bad, I mean look at your goal! You're 4 pounds away, that's amazing!! So a one-pound gain every once in a while is totally normal.

    Thoughts are with you with all the changes going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time together and leave the rest in God's hands (says the mom with a house full of adult kids that won't leave the nest).

    ReplyDelete