Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Somebody pinch me!!
















I grew up during a time when there were not many African Americans in the public eye. Especially not on TV. This morning, here in Russia, I woke up to see Barack Obama on every channel that was showing the news.  This is simply unreal!

We have had phone calls today from Russian friends who are hopeful that "perestroika"(rebuilding) will happen in America, others who are hoping that relations between Russia and America will improve and others who were excited to see that America truly is a democracy by choosing to elect a "dark" skinned president!!

4 comments:

  1. Nicki woke up this morning and asked was she dreaming. I bet you that is exactly what our new First Lady is thinking. I still can't believe it! Congrats President Elect Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though the tears I'm crying may not be from joy :), I sure do appreciate what a historic vote this was for America. It would be great if this meant better relations between Russia and the U.S. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - consider yourself pinched! I live in Chicago, about 6 block from Obama. Secret Service and press EVERYWHERE... so, believe me: President #44 is real!

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete