Monday, December 15, 2008

sights from Sunday

I wish I would have had time to whip out my camera!

Tom and I were on a marshutka (public van that follows a specific route) on our way to Krasnaya Ploshad (a large mall here in Krasnodar).  I was looking out the window and I saw a man tending his sheep in a field not far from a large housing development.  

Seeing someone with sheep or goats is not unusual.  But seeing someone holding a staff in one hand while talking on his cell phone was quite a shocker!!

3 comments:

  1. Good thing the Christmas shepherds didn't have cell phones. A ringing phone would definitely have taken something away from the "Glory to God" angelic chorus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! What a "twist in time" kind of sight that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I felt the first time I saw an Amish woman talking on a cell phone. Then I found out that cell's are all the rave with Amish because they are deemed "okay" since they don't have a cord. :)

    ReplyDelete