Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thought for today

"Today let's take inventory of our health habits.  Are we eating properly? Getting appropriate levels of rest and exercise?  If we have been allowing our careers, families and the holidays to stress us out, let's take time out just for ourselves...Give yourself permission to be well.  A happy, relaxed person is a healthy person, which is the best present you can give to your loved ones and yourself!"

Carleen Brice, from her book Walk Tall


As I write this Tom and I are planning a New Year's Eve 12 Step gathering at our place.  We are cleaning the apartment, making shopping lists, writing out the invitation in Russian and so on.  I know that we are not the only ones attending parties, planning parties, shopping, working, going to school, and trying to get it all done on time.  My desire is to be a healthy person in all aspects of that word...physically, spiritually and emotionally and this quote from Carleen helped me to remember that I shouldn't give up on these goals just because of the business of the holiday season!  
  

1 comment:

  1. No, No and No. I really need to do better!

    ReplyDelete