Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lesson Plans

I typed up a very detailed lesson plan, packed my bag and took off for my job teaching Business English at a personnel agency. After arriving early to set up my classroom I discovered that I didn't have the audio portion of the lesson.

So, on to Plan B. I had copies of an article on the Fast Moving Consumer Products industry that I had planned to use a time filler. And I decided that the homework I intended to assign could be done in class.

We started off with the warm up discussion questions that I had prepared. Then Plan B was quickly set aside in favor of an animated discussion of the financial crisis, and new governmental policies related to solving the financial problems for the elite while ignoring the social injustices faced by the elderly and disabled. It was exhilarating to hear them speaking so eloquently on such difficult topics. They only needed minimal corrections and gentle prompting with a few vocabulary words. (a few words came out in Russian and I had to offer the English equivalent)

And the bonus is that the lesson I planned can be saved for next time!

1 comment:

  1. That is great Alida...I'm so glad it's going so well!!! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete