Thursday, April 30, 2009

What have we been up to?



















Last Friday we spent time with our little friends Elijah(eelia) and Diana(dee-ahna). Their dad is out of town and their mom works one day a week. We were privileged to be asked to sit with the kids. They are not used to being with anyone but their parents.

We will be going over there again on Friday. And I am eager to see what new verbs or words I learn this time. Last week I learned to say "let's go pee!" in Russian. I didn't have that lesson in class at school for some reason. And I don't have small kids of my own so I didn't have to learn it. Not sure what tomorrow will bring but I look forward to the adventure!!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You look like you just had a blast with them! Oh, to be motivated to do that kind of stuff (the dirt cake too) on a daily basis with our own little ones...or, at least once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "kid talk" is a whole other language to me! with all the diminutives and "cutesy" ways of saying things, it's taken a lot of getting used to! I bet you guys are great babysitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kid talk is definitely a whole new language!! I love being with little ones... I learn so much from them no matter what the language!!

    the dirt cake was fun... and after homeschooling my boys from preschool on I learned lots of fun things to do!!

    ReplyDelete