Monday, May 25, 2009

New Do'

Posted by Picasa


I spent today with three incredible young women... Jennifer, from Kenya, Francoise, from Rwanda and Veronica from Zambia. They walked with me to the tram stop and just before I got on the tram one of them hugged me and said "I wish I could talk to my mom the way I talked with you today!"

Life here in Krasnodar has been hard for the African students... I heard stories that brought me to tears. Please keep these young people in your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. love the hair and i'm so glad you could encourage some people today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody looks hot!! ;)

    Beautiful new look. And I hope it all goes easier for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cute!!! Glad you had a nice visit with those ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals!! I don't normally like to do things that draw attention to myself but hey, I am an African American living in Russia... so me standing out is not about my hairdo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful Alida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On another note, I remember Herbert coming home from Ukraine and talking about how different is was to be the only black man where he was ministering.

    ReplyDelete