Thursday, June 04, 2009

How do I cook this??

Yesterday I went to a small market near our home where I buy various frozen products like the Khinkali we enjoy so much. She had just added fresh sausage to her selection of foods. Like a good salesperson she asked me if I would like to try something new. She suggested her favorite sausage.

I decided to be adventurous and give it a try. "How do I prepare this?" I asked. Her face lit up as she gave me her simple recipe. Take the outer wrapper off the sausage and the skin. Slice and brown it. Add chopped cabbage and sprinkle with cheese. I figured I could manage that.

When I got home I announced to Tom that we were going to try something new... he is rarely opposed to such a thing! I didn't have cheese but I did have some tomatoes that needed to be used up. I browned the meat, added the cabbage with diced tomatoes along with a couple dashes of balsamic vinegar for seasoning.

Simple and tasty... that is my kind of lunch. Now I get to go back and share my recipe with her and see what else she has for me to try!!


No comments:

Post a Comment