Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thought for today

Broken life, broken heart

Excerpt from Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov

“I’ll die if you touch me,” I said. “You are sure you are not coming with me? Is there no hope of your coming? Tell me only this.”

“No,” she said. “No, honey, no.”

She had never called me honey before.

“No,” she said, “it is quite out of the question. I would sooner go back to Cue. I mean-“

She groped for words. I supplied them mentally (“He broke my heart. You merely broke my life”).



Each week Tom and I meet with people whose lives, hearts and spirits have been broken. Some of them are brought to their knees by the circumstances of childhood losses. Others were abused or mistreated by a lover or friend along the way. Can you conceive of a power great enough to mend your life, heal your heart, replenish your spirit and redeem all of your suffering? Help is available to each of us from a Source greater than ourselves. Make your need known to Him, and you will find comfort, healing and renewal as well.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An encouraging word. We all need comfort and healing some time in our lives.

    Blessings,

    e-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true... Your words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete