Tuesday, August 25, 2009

thought for today

Excerpt from The Secret Life of Bees, by Susan Monk Kidd

Probably one or two moments in your whole life you will hear a dark whispering spirit, a voice coming from the center of things. It will have blades for lips and will not stop until it speaks the one secret thing at the heart of it all. Kneeling on the floor, unable to stop shuddering, I heard it plainly. It said, You are unlovable, Lily Owens. Unlovable. Who could love you? Who in the world could ever love you?



There is One who could love you... though not of this world. There One whose heart aches for you. He won't force Himself on you. He is not rude. He will wait patiently until you call to Him. Call to Him, wholeheartedly seek after Him and He will answer you and be found by you.

3 comments:

  1. so - what do you think of the book so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great book! I really enjoyed her style of writing. The book was very easy to read and I was amazed at how much of the book they put into the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the thought. I don't have that thought often, but when I do...I have to cling to the fact that God loves me...whether I feel it or not. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete