Friday, February 11, 2011

the joys of the jungle


Last night as we were winding down from the day Tom spotted a small frog in the back bedroom.

After a few seconds of freaking out about there being a frog in the house I ran to find my camera.  I am learning that these bloggable moments need a photo to go with!


I decided to update my status on Facebook to share with all of our friends about our visitor while waiting for the frog to come out of hiding.  And this time Tom was able to herd him out the front door. 
 It is times like these when I wish I had a video camera!





Victory is sweet!! 


Not everyday has a critter in it but I am amazed that I no longer freak out when I see one.  Unless it is a huge beetle or some other ugly bug crawling across the floor.  I will not run for my camera when that happens... I will scream like the girl that I am and yell for Tom to come and kill it. 






15 comments:

  1. You are so funny! That last picture is great! Hail the Conquering Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in Bangkok, there were little lizards that were inside most places, usually skittering across the ceiling. Yes, they were in our home, too!

    When I moved to West Africa, the lizards had the good sense to stay outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS--I should have added that my son's first word was "lizard."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for the photos---definitely a must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom, the broom-herder, raising his hands in victory! LOL. I love this, Alida. And isn't a man chasing critters away better than hearts and flowers any day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaHa..that is so funny. Love the pic of Tom. Glad you got you captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of your husband at the end! I could think of far worse things to find in my room than a frog. Well, maybe not - I would freak out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA!! that is great!! I prob. would have freaked out!!! My hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frogs are so funny! I remember having one inside our house while living in Brazil! We chased it out with a broom as well. It was a hilarious moment. Thanks so much for linking up today! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW. Froggy! Glad Tom got it safely out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is crazy that you found a frog in the house, yikes!! We have a huge toad that lives or lived in our shed out back! He is a little scary looking.

    Anyway, what a fun post and joyful too! It is always a JOY when we get those little critters out of our house.

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! Reminds me of when our boys were litte and we had a bird flying around in the house. Happened more than once. Always saved the bird! :) Would you consider writing a short post on how you use the Envelope System. I think it could help some people who've heard of it but never used it. We could cross link and get more traffic for both. Let me know. Thanks for your comment. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny. My husband always knows when I have seen a mouse. I turn in to one of those cartoon ladies screaming on the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! You sound like me, I severely dislike bugs, especially really big/ugly/scary ones, and beetles are pretty scary, especially with pinchers! LOL That last photo is priceless! Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete