Thursday, February 02, 2012

Negative Calorie foods?


I saw this list on Pinterest last night.  


Since I had not heard of this concept before I turned to my trusty friend, Google, for insight. 

I found this over at LiveStrong.com:
The concept of negative calorie foods, or the idea that you burn more calories digesting and metabolizing certain foods than the foods themselves contain, is more of a diet myth than a reality. Even though some foods may give your metabolism more of a boost than others, and some contribute so few calories to begin with that they do require a couple of extra calories for digestion, the extra calories burned won't be enough to affect your weight.  click to read more



and this over at MayoClinic.com:

The bottom line: Many of the foods touted as negative calorie foods are vegetables and fruits that can aid in losing weight as part of an overall healthy diet plan. But they're probably not negative calorie and they're not a magic bullet for weight loss. In addition, following extreme diets that promote eating only a few foods can cause you to miss out on important nutrients. The key to successful weight loss is adopting a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet and regular exercise. click to read more



I think it bears repeating that there is no magic bullet for weight loss.

Say it with me!

"There is NO magic bullet for weight loss."


And that is okay by me because I was not and am not looking for a fad diet.  
I am looking to be healthy. 

And to do that the answer remains the same.  

Eat right.  Move more.  
Both of which I can do.



I also found these words to live by:


This is my goal for the year...what's yours?




1 comment:

  1. This is a great list and reminder there are great things out there, given to us by God, that are not only ultra low calorie, but that are also very healthy for us.

    ReplyDelete