Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday...





Ingredients
3 cups cooked rice
1 – 9 oz package fresh spinach
1 small bunch fresh cilantro
the juice of one lime
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced very fine (optional)

Method
1. Take fresh spinach, in batches, and pulse in food processor until finely chopped. Add cilantro to food processor and pulse until finely chopped also.
2. Add cooked riced, chopped spinach and cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and diced onion to a large bowl. Add jalapeno if using. Toss to combine. Serve room temperature or chilled.


I have this recipe pinned on Pinterest and if I can find spinach and cilantro at the market today this will be part of the menu for tonight's dinner!

7 comments:

  1. It looks delish...sounds great and Hey "Going Green"....wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters will love this recipe.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of this dish and may have to give it a try. Looks like a good side with some sort of chicken. Have a nice dinner:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I think I'll make it for St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great! SANDIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful! I need to give it a try.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete