Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasty Tuesday...chayote


Chayote (cho cho)
I found cho cho (chayote) at the market a few weeks back and asked the girl there what it was and how to prepare it.  She suggested using it in a soup.  But I chose to dice it up along with eggplant, zucchini, and.tomatoes.  Then I saute them together in olive oil, added some seasonings, and served it over spaghetti.  It was very tasty and I am sure I will try it again.  

We keep trying new things when we see them in the market and it is always exciting to find something that we really like.  We decided that the cho cho is a definitely a winner!


P.S. I have a guest post over at Adventures of Team Pancakes for a series she is doing on Living Our Vows.  If you want to check it out you can see it here: Living Our Vows

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know this food--always like to learn about new things. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Haitian and my family have used this forever in our meat sauces with eggplant, and cabbage. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal
    Sounds delicious...and thank you for sharing some wisdom on my blog...i so appreciate you and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep forgetting you're not west indian..
    i know cho cho
    sometimes i really miss island cooking...now i'm off to leave a comment at ms. pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, it sounds yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all my travels I have not seen cho cho. I love trying new things.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. kinda looks like an avocado... sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete