Wednesday, February 01, 2012

thought for today...




I love watching birds.  Being in a country with over 580 types of birds is absolutely fascinating to me.  I don't know the names of every single bird.  I think this is a Kiskadee.  We see them in our neighborhood and in our yard.  They swoop in and peck at the seeds or fallen fruit in the yard.  Listening to their call is such a joy.

It is as if they are announcing themselves to all within the sound of their voices...
kis- ka- dee, kis- ka- dee!

I enjoy starting my day in the word and in prayer.  However, in the midst of a busy and stressful day there are times when you would not be able to tell my day started that way.  There are times when I allow people, circumstances or my hormone induced attitude to erase the seeds planted during my quiet time.  I wish I could say that in past tense.  But, I can't.  As a recovering perfectionist it is difficult to cop to that.  I want to keep that to myself.  Sometimes...I don't even acknowledge it before God.  Obviously, during those times I am choosing to forget that He already knows all about me.  

That which He plants in me deserves the opportunity to grow and mature...to make me complete in Him.  It is up to me to obey the commands, meditate on the promises, and apply the words of instruction laid out in the Bible.  I am to blame if I allow anyone or anything to negatively impact my walk with Him.  God is faithful.  His word can change our lives if we let it.  

As I surrender...allowing Him to have His way in my life this year...I also accept full responsibility for the quality of my spiritual life.  I surrender to the call to be watchful.  I need to watch out for whatever may try to distract me or rob me of the seeds God has placed in my life. 

Is there something eating His seeds in your life?



linking up with:






12 comments:

  1. Nice post, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I love this! This is such a great message and definitely one I needed to hear. As long as we allow negativity in our life our focus is off god and what he wants for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent "food for thought" and yes, I did enjoy typing that :) Thanks for the nudge we all need, and the reminder to pray for our loved ones and THEIR seeds as well :) Have a blessed and beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know I need to be watchful as well. Thank you for these encouraginig words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was beautiful, awesome post. Always good to get a reminder to stay vigilant in your spirituality! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alida!
    Love the picture, the scripture, and your message.
    You're such a blessing!
    In His Love,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. again another awesome message...thanks for always being so insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a whole blog post in mind on hormones and hormone induced attitudes and how it affects those around us...anyhow I agree with this statement, "That which He plants in me deserves the opportunity to grow and mature...to make me complete in Him. It is up to me to obey the commands, meditate on the promises, and apply the words of instruction laid out in the Bible. I am to blame if I allow anyone or anything to negatively impact my walk with Him. God is faithful. His word can change our lives if we let it."

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always enjoy visiting your blog..learn so much, find peace and joy here ...love the way you share our Lord with others and "me" ...through your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pretty WFW, thank you ~ Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen and amen!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    www.moretobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bird watching too. Amen. sandie

    ReplyDelete