Wednesday, February 29, 2012

thought for today...

2 Corinthians 13:11
May I share something with you?

To be honest, this young man is not aiming for the type of perfection this verse calls for.  He is actually aiming at a boat full of people that is passing by.  But, he is focused, determined and his aim appears true. 

I don't want to be like this kid and look good in the small picture but not in the grand scheme of life.  

I desire a life of integrity where my actions and values line up with His.  There are days when I fall short of His perfection.  Time after time, I have to get back up, dust myself off, and take aim again.  Do you have days like that?  Or is it just me?

May we each hear the appeal He is laying on our hearts.  
May we learn to live with oneness of mind.
And may the God of love and peace truly dwell among us.


linking up with:
and

16 comments:

  1. Alida,

    Praise God for His grace and mercy, that when we fall down, fall short and are not perfect He still welcomes us back with open arms. I fall down everydaybut I know that He will never reject me.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alida - firstly, thank you for linking up and the follow. I'll be following back and secondly, I have lots of days like that, maybe everyday, sigh! Thankful for God's grace and mercy with me :) Look forward to you linking up again next week.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. We all try for perfection and its our hearts desire that is our true self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to be like this kid and look good in the small picture but not in the grand scheme of life - love that line and amen! Nice thoughts on this 29th day of February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen and amen! Great encouragement and challenge today! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too!! and I was just telling my son last night....I do not care about raising a son that could hit a baseball....I care about raising a son with character....that little boy knew what i was talking about.
    I am your newest follower...pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write: "I desire a life of integrity where my actions and values line up with His." I so desire that for my life also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. I want to also look good in the grand scheme of things. Even though I fall everyday I try to dust myself up and try again. Thanks for the message.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have many days like that too. What a wonder that the God of peace and love is with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have days like that more often than I would like to admit. But the good Lord is always with me and that gives me great comfort and peace of mind.

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing that verse and those thoughts, Dear. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very difficult to live up to those words especially on the difficult days. But that journey in faith... well is filled with such wondrous blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have days like this all the time! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice post thanks for sharing...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great illustration! So true. Setting my aim high - on the things that matter!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete