Thursday, February 09, 2012

Which step have you reached today?


To quote my brother, Stephen, "if you're gonna talk about it...be about it!" 

 I have talked about getting healthy.  So obviously my next step was to be about it.  Since I wrote the post Determination today...better health tomorrow I've been walking consistently each week.  When we have an errand to run, if it is within walking distance, we choose to walk instead of taking the car.  I have finally made the shift in my head to telling myself I can do it instead of making an excuse as to why I can't do it.

And my reward for being about it?  

The weight gain has stopped!  At first nothing changed.  But this week I stepped on the scale and was down a pound.  But, the best part is how I feel.  Mentally and physically I feel so much better when I am able to get a walk in...even if it's a short one.  The week is not over yet and my goal is to get two more days of walking in this week. Can you guess what I am telling myself about that goal?  I can do it! 

Which step have you reached today?

18 comments:

  1. nice pics!!! enjoyed your blog...

    visit my blog...

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kissses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let up Alida....keep moving!! This is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I walked to the office today so I just have one more day to go!!

      Delete
  3. I love the picture! Keep pushing. You can do it and one day you will be screaming, "Yes, I did it!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh won't that be a great day!!

      Delete
  4. I was suffering with illness for a week and unable to exercise -- I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually missed the workouts -- that is surely a goal I did not expect to reach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing when you start to miss working out...what a great step to get to!!

      Delete
  5. I think there's a step missing - 'I NEED to do it!' That's where I am. Struggling with a back issue that needs to settle down a bit so I can start working to strengthen the situation. Eating healthy, losing more weight and moving more will help a lot - I NEED to do it! Today I'm at 'I want to do it'.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, I agree with you! I was stuck on I Need to do it for a long time. I have fibromyalgia and I know that exercise helps but for the longest time I just could not get myself to go beyond I Need to do it!!

      Delete
  6. You are right on track...you're starting to feel yourself changing in a positive way and let that be the motivation to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete
  7. I'm somewhere between 'I can' and 'I will'... I was doing really well then got sick for a week and now trying to get my strength and 'I will' back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Becky, I can understand that!

      Delete
  8. Daily your blog brings me encouragement and glimpses of reality from your house to mine. I offer you the Versatile blogger award. Please drop by for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you and.yes you.can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete
  10. Love this "if you're gonna talk about it...be about it!" Something I will try to remember starting today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my little brother says wise things...and I listen!!

      Delete