On September 1st Tom celebrated 25 years of sobriety. He chose to celebrate without a lot of fanfare. He spent time in the art room painting, listening to music, and then in the evening we went out to dinner with some friends. A quiet celebration of a major accomplishment. I am so proud of him. I know it happened one day at a time and those days added up to 25 years.
As I think back on the week this milestone of Tom's tops my list of 1000 gifts...
932. celebrating 25 alcohol free years with Tom!
933. our children never witnessing their father's drinking.
934. the doors of ministry that were opened because of his sobriety.
935. today is day 20 of 100 days of walking!
936. birds outside our bedroom window.
937. mastering my fear of walking across this hammock bridge suspended over the Belize River.
938. enjoying the cooler temps brought on by setting sun.
939. fresh guacamole made from the avocados we were given last week.
940. Belize in bloom
941. lots of new books on the Kindle app on my Galaxy Tablet
942. listening to relaxing music
943. dinner out with friends.
944. Facebook chats.
945. serving communion at church with Tom.
946. Pastor Han's sermon yesterday.
947. finding Russian worship songs on an old flash drive.
948. quiet times to pray and sing.
949. reading Nathan's stories and marveling at the imagination he was blessed with.
950. finding ribs for a decent price at the poultry store.
951. being trusted with the burdens on the heart of a friend.
952. not screaming when I found a gecko in the bathroom hiding under my towel!
joining in with the gratitude community: