Thursday, September 06, 2012

whether I want to or not...


23 days ago I started walking for at least 30 minutes a day.  Yesterday I walked 2.2 miles in 36 minutes.  A personal best time for me.  Some days it takes every bit of mental discipline for me to get out the door.  I don't always want to keep going.  But I made a commitment to myself and the women who are in the challenge with me and I am determined to follow it through. 



I have had some friends go out with me a few times and that is always a treat.  I pray when I go out to walk alone and that is always rewarding.  Discipline has gotten me out of the door when it rains and when it's been hot all day.  I tried walking in the morning but that doesn't work for me.  It is easier to get out there as the sun is setting.  The air is cool and sky is gorgeous.  My goal for the next 77 days is to keep getting my butt out the door because it is worth it.

It is worth how good I feel when I am done.  It is worth how well I sleep each night.  And it is worth the strength I feel mentally and physically as the days turn into weeks.  Lord willing, I will remain healthy enough to make it through to the end of the 100 day challenge.

I would love to learn from you.  So, what are you doing that is making a difference in your health?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd known about your challenge sooner, I would have joined in. This week I started a walking challenge at my job, where we log our steps for the next 70 days. I'm hoping this'll be the thing I need to get me moving again.

    Good luck on your challenge. I know you can rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DaenelT, I am sure this 70 day challenge will get you moving again! Best wishes to you. You can do it!

      Delete