Wednesday, November 14, 2012

thought for today...His Direction!

 

Being a follower is not always easy.  It means that someone else is in control.  Someone else is setting the pace. Someone else is charting the course.  Our Bible study group is working through a series based on the book Not a Fan.  The premise is about being a true, devoted, follower of Christ and not just a fan of his.  One of the first things we were challenged to do was to define our relationship with God.  We had to ask ourselves if we are a fan or a follower.  

The point for me was driven home on Sunday.  Pastor Han asked me if I would sing a hymn with him after his sermon.  The title of the song?  Where He Leads Me I Will Follow.  It was not a coincidence...I'm sure of that.  

I can hear my Savior calling,
I can hear my Savior calling,
I can hear my Savior calling,
"Take my cross and follow, follow Me."

Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
I'll go with Him, with Him all the way.

As I have meditated on being a follower these past few days this song has been on my lips and in my heart.  Over the past 30 years Tom and I have been led from Kansas to California, from California to Russia, and from Russia to Belize.  And when I sang the words "I'll go with Him, with Him all the way" it brought tears to my eyes.  Because I am still willing to follow...wherever He leads...no matter where the path takes us.  

Now, I am not saying that everyone has to be willing to go to Russia and back because we are not all called to the exact same places.  Your path might lead to your neighbor's house, or to back to work, or to care for someone who is ill.  The point is being willing to follow His lead.  

                                May our desire be to follow His path every step of the way.




linking up with:


3 comments:

  1. Excellent post! And yes, we should indeed always be willing, no matter what. Bless you :)

    http://thejoyfulservant.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When agree to follow one never knows just where the journey may take us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is hard to give up control but im reminded we never had control anyway to give up! Thank you for your ministry!

    ReplyDelete