
The last two summers I have been in Italy helping out my girlfriend with her daughter during the month of July.
I am not complaining mind you, how can you complain about spending the summer in Rome?
I am just making an observation!... I had to watch the Tour in Italian not understanding what was being said, but, following the action anyway... looking things up on the internet during my daily trip to the internet cafe to make sure I understood "who had done what" that day.
This year I am actually watching in English! What a treat!!!
http://www.letour.fr/2007/TDF/LIVE/us/200/index.html
Yes, and if you hadn't, I never would have known you were such a "bike freak". :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteI want to say God bless you and your family as you minister to those in need.
I received Mrs. Grahams book and I love it. My husband had met her a couple times and he said she was one of the nicest people you'd ever want to met.
I'm going to look for that book about the 2nd half of marriage. Dh and I are getting to that point.
blessings
How cool that you got to go to Italy 2 summers in a row! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll be back again.
ReplyDeleteGod bless :)
Oh, to go to Rome! From what I keep reading, it sounds as if you're quite the world traveler. I've been to Canada twice, and the furthest west I've gone in the U.S. is Kansas- no joke. I'm so glad you're able to view the Tour this year in English... enjoy! :0)
ReplyDeleteBlessings! ~Sharon~
Floyd Landis is from my neck of the woods and I believe that he has been treated so unfairly!
ReplyDeleteBTW...I am pretty clueless about biking, but I have followed our local Tour winner through the local media...
I love your blog. I found your commnt on Amy's site at Purpose Driven Wife. My name is Amy also and I have my blog at www.queensedgefarm.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHow cool that you get to spend the summer in Italy! Even better is living in Russa! One of my dreams is to travel to Russia and the Ukraine. As a young adult I felt called to the mission field in the Ukraine, but as most young kids, let other things distract me. My husband isn't interested in being a missionary, so I am looking for ways to still minister in whatever way I can. I look forward to getting to know you.
AmyE
I can't imagine what a challenge it is to do such simple things like watch TV but in a different language...what great adventures you've had:)
ReplyDeleteMy husband got the entire 2005 Tour de France on DVD from Netflix last summer and we watched it ALL. Fortunately, he's gotten that out of his system! I think he's disenchanted with cycling because of all the doping...
ReplyDeleteRome...wow. Cool.
The doping is a concern to me as well... I do still enjoy watching though.
ReplyDeleteI was blessed to be able to go to Rome not just once but twice... if I didn't live in Russia I would not be able to afford the trip. From Russia my ticket has been around 500$ both times!
I hope that my next trip to Italy is with my husband. There were places I purposely did not go because I wanted to save that experience for the two of us!
Hello, thank you for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteI have been to Russia twice. Both times to bring home the gift of life in an adopted child. We were in St Petersburg in 1998 and in Penza in 2001 just ofter the international travel resumed. Of course Moscow as well. What is your service and where are you headed ( if you are able to say)? We supported the orphanages when we took travel there is such great need for hope.