Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Yesterday our high speed internet account was depleted and none of us has been able to make it over to the UTK building to make a payment so that our internet access could be restored. Just for today I am using an internet card that I purchased at the supermarket so that I could do this post and check email!
Today we officially kicked off Women's Ministry at KBC (aka Open Door Church). We have a team of women who are willing to lead and we start with our first Bible Study, Jesus Cares for Women next Tuesday. This study is just a 5 week commitment and is a great place to start.
I was asked by a woman at church today if I would walk through the 12 steps of Al-Anon with her. If her husband is willing to watch her kids we will start meeting on Wednesdays.
Tom is doing well... he and I attended an AA meeting to help plan an AA Forum, which will be held in November here in Krasnodar. The AA group would like to include Al-Anon and Al-ATeens as well. We are excited to be a part of the planning.
Spencer has been meeting with his language helper and is back to the books doing his home school work as well.
It is minus 2 today, no snow and we are very grateful for that!!
i was wondering where you were today! what did missionaries do before internet access?
ReplyDeletethey wrote long letters and had to wait weeks for the respnses!! I get antsy when I wait a day or two for an answer to one of my emails!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby used one of those Internet cards when he was in Amsterdam and said they were expensive! I guess hotels there don't provide free hook up like they do over here.
ReplyDelete