I spent today with three incredible young women... Jennifer, from Kenya, Francoise, from Rwanda and Veronica from Zambia. They walked with me to the tram stop and just before I got on the tram one of them hugged me and said "I wish I could talk to my mom the way I talked with you today!"
Life here in Krasnodar has been hard for the African students... I heard stories that brought me to tears. Please keep these young people in your thoughts and prayers.

love the hair and i'm so glad you could encourage some people today!
ReplyDeleteSomebody looks hot!! ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful new look. And I hope it all goes easier for the students.
That looks so cute!!! Glad you had a nice visit with those ladies.
ReplyDeleteThanks gals!! I don't normally like to do things that draw attention to myself but hey, I am an African American living in Russia... so me standing out is not about my hairdo! LOL
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful Alida!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I remember Herbert coming home from Ukraine and talking about how different is was to be the only black man where he was ministering.
ReplyDelete