On Wednesday, I decided that I needed to face my fear.
I had to tell myself that I didn’t believe that it was my destiny to die in that shower and that I could trust God enough to get in there. Tom had been using it without getting fried and so could I. All the while I showered I felt fearful. Fear and faith coexisted for me in that space. I remember during sales meetings my director would say that “fear and faith could not occupy the same space”. I disagree. Fear and faith can work together. And when they co-mingle I believe it is called courage.
For me personally courage is not about being fearless. It is feeling the fear, calling out to God for help so that I can face it and moving on.
When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. Psalm 138:3
I am not sure how long it will take to feel comfortable using that shower. Just knowing that I had the courage to do it once means that I can do it again. And I know that I can face whatever new challenges come my way.
One day at a time.
I have never heard of something like that for a shower... got any pictures of it? I'd be scared too.
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally agree- fear and faith are both in me pretty much constantly!
Yeah, I need to take a picture of it and post it... I had never seen one before either!
ReplyDeleteYou are funny. Good job facing your fears. However it sounds like they are justified.
ReplyDelete