Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Easter Tree Devotions...



As Easter approaches my desire for this year is to have a more hands on devotional.  With our nest empty again we have extended times of quiet throughout the day.  My little tree is sits on an end table next to my chair in our living room.  

Each time I glance over at one of the ornaments I am reminded of a name or attribute of Christ.  Today the one that stands out the most is Love.  I keep thinking of Christ being the embodiment of the Father's love for us.  And it is this love that I desire to be rooted and established in so that I may have power, together with all of the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the Love of Christ.  And I want to know this Love that surpasses knowledge--so that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Can you grasp the magnitude of God's Love for each one of us?
Does the thought of Christ's sacrifice remind you that God is Love?

I, for one, am still trying to take it all in...
and to Embrace this Love more dearly.

Each day until Easter I will continue to add ornaments to the tree so that I can further study and meditate on each word. I am truly looking forward to all that this upcoming holiday holds for us.  I know there will be mourning from Good Friday until Resurrection Day...but we do not mourn as those without hope...because there will also be a time of celebration when Sunday morning dawns!

May your journey to Easter be filled with the awe and wonder of learning who Christ is.


6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'd like to do this with my kids in a few years. How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring ?Meesha has the branch out and gonna do something similar !! Love this idea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tree! Did you print the ornaments yourself? Or buy them? This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Olive, I printed them myself. I'm still working on a post to show the whole process of making the tree and the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a pretty neat idea...something to add to my family events!!

    ReplyDelete