Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Tree...

 
I will give thanks to You, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 9:1


 Years ago in the little church I grew up in we would be asked to give a testimony about what God had done in our lives over the past week. People would stand up and give a praise or sometimes they would sit and just shout them out.  But each week I heard something about God's goodness poured out on someone. This tree of ours is kind of like those testimonies.  We are giving praise to God for the big and the small things He is doing in our lives for the month of November.  

 
The tree is not fancy.  Just a branch cut from one of the trees in our yard.
I used the same branch for Easter.  (just click the highlighted words to see the Easter Tree.)


Some of the leaves are bigger than others but that is just so that I have room to write more when I need it. I made a template and then printed them out on various fall colors of construction paper.  Each day Tom and I talk about what we are thankful for. It's been a blessing to share with one another a bit each day and not save it all up for the holiday. And each time I look at the tree I am reminded of how good God is!

There is always something to be thankful for...
What are you grateful for today??

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a thanksgiving tree. This would be great has a Sunday school activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, I agree! I gave my template to a missionary here who runs an after school program. And she is doing it with her kids as well!

      Delete