Terry Willits, from her book Creating a SenseSational Home
I was thinking about how we as a family use our home... when we lived in America there were times when our home was just a "pit stop" a place to sleep, eat and use the facilities. Here in Russia we have made our home more of a restful place. A safe place for us to come after the stresses of the day. A place where we are all accepted for who we are and not stared at or watched as we go about our business. I pray that our home will always be a safe place to run to... no matter where in the world it is located!
I always love your thought of the day entries and this one is so true. It really can become just a pit stop if we don't do some intentional things. As we all start up work and school again, this was very timely, thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Christie, I love getting feedback!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful thought.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Very awesome reminder! I hope that someday my home is the "hangout" and that I can be "mom" to all of my girls friends.
ReplyDelete